E-mail Escalation Procedure
- If you e-mail a department or individual in a department and do not receive a response within 72 hours, please try again.
- If you do not receive a response after 48 hours on the second e-mail, please e-mail their director.
- If you do not receive a response from their director within 24 hours, please e-mail the director back up.
- If you do not receive a response at this point from anyone within 24 hours, please e-mail the Board of Directors.
We ask that all Convention Committee members please try to abide by these response times to avoid placing undue burden on your fellow members. We acknowledge that there may be incidents during the cycle where a quick turnaround is needed. Please include the department’s director in the initial e-mail chain and tag the beginning of subject line with TIME SENSITIVE.
Convention Committee Phone Etiquette
As we look to make some phone numbers available on an opt-in basis, here are some guidelines of contacting each other before, during, and after the convention. Please try to follow when every calling to ensure that your information is conveyed and that your call is returned if required.
- Please watch the hours of calling. Generally it’s best to try phone calling between 9:00am and 9:00pm.
- Please be aware that even with the hours guidelines, people may work and such on different schedules, or at jobs with stringent cell phone requirements. If a phone is not immediately answered, please leave a message.
- A good practice for leaving messages is start with your name and phone number; be brief yet detailed; ask for a call back; end with name and phone number.
- Be sure to speak slowly when giving a phone number.
- It is best to leave a message that has pertinent info, and not just a statement of: “Hey please call me.”
- Please remember to give time for a response. People are busy and not everyone is tied to a phone. Don’t request a call back in 5 minutes; best to give a few hours. Especially at night.
- If it can be handled via e-mail, that’s a good way to go.